- Basics about derivatives and integrals (College level)
- For everything else there will be a whole mathematical tutorial section (optional)
*** The Bestseller for quantum physics & Part of the udemy business collection ***
“Phenomenal course!! Prior to this course, I thought I would never be able to understand quantum mechanics. I would certainly recommend this course to anyone that is interested in learning quantum mechanics.“ – Maximus Akrem Nwider
“I have learned more theory here than in a semester in a university course. The information is incredibly well organized. I cannot express the insanely good quality of this course.” – Aaron
This course is for everyone: beginner to expert!
We will cover the whole band width of quantum mechanics starting from the initial experimental observations and ending up with relativistic quantum theory.
Quantum mechanics is arguably among the most fascinating fields of science.
It has made numerous appearances in modern pop-culture and is present in our everyday lives. Still, it is also very challenging to get a grasp at this topic – even understanding the most fundamental concepts can be very difficult without instructions.
However, I think that this most fascinating field of science is often taught either too vague or with a too strong focus on the mathematics. Instead of watching random Youtube videos or going through hundred of hours of university courses, I think that Udemy courses are a nice platform for purposeful learning. You are kindly invited to join this carefully prepared course that will teach you the 101 of quantum physics.
My name is Börge and I am a postdoc working as a scientist in quantum theory. Due to my expertise in the field (more than 10 years), I know which topics are most important and which parts can be cut short (especially the very dry parts). I have not forgotten the time when I learned about quantum physics and still remember the problems that I and other students had. I have refined my advisor skills as a tutor of Bachelor, Master and PhD students in theoretical physics.
This course is for you if you …
- … have ever wondered what is the big deal with quantum physics
- … want to know why we need quantum physics
- … want to learn the methods how to actually calculate quantum problems like the tunnel effect
- … want to walk comfortably in the quantum world without being totally overwhelmed by its difficult language
- … have interest in popular physics phenomena like quantum computing or superconductivity and want to understand their core ideas and relations to quantum mechanics
- … are about to attend a university course
- … if you have already attend a university course and want to learn what comes next
- … if you simply want to have a carefully condensed refresher before your exams 🙂
Who this course is for:
- Beginner: Everyone who wants to know how the quantum world works and is not too affraid of the mathematics.
- Advanced: Science students who want to refresh their quantum mechanics course and want to know what comes next.
- Programmer and engineers working on quantum computing: Here you will learn the theory behind quantum physics.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 40 weeks
- Skill level Intermediate
- Language English
- Students 804
- Assessments Yes